Moncoutant, is the nearest town approximately 5kms from both gîtes. Although small it is surprisingly well-serviced with a good range of shops. as well as mid-size Super U supermarket & petrol station. The farmers market is on a Friday.
Bressuire is a slightly larger town and about 15kms away from both gîtes, It offers a bigger selection of shops, a L’Eclerc supermarket and a cinema. The farmers’ market is on a Tuesday & Saturday, where you can buy fresh vegetables, meat, fish & cheese.
The best beaches are approximately 75 minutes away in Tranche-sur-Mer and Bretignolles-sur-Mer however there are many more wonderful beaches along the coast.
- Pescalis – several lakes for fishing – www.pescalis.com
- Adventure Park – Zip Lines & Climbing Nets in the forest – www.parc-aventure-79.fr
- Go Karting – www.bocaspeed.fr
- Ostrich Farm – www.serve-autriche.fr
- Golf – 18 hole Golf Course – in Bressuire
Across the border into the Vendee:
- Vouvant – one of the most beautiful villages in the area – www.vouvant.fr
- Mervant – with its wonderful lakes) boating, swimming & fishing), zoo and forests www.mervant.fr
- Mervent Zoo – www.naturzoomervent.com
- Parc Oriental de Maulevrier – Stunning Japanese Garden – www.parc-oriental.com
- Marais Potevin – known as the Green Venice with its wonderful streams & rivers where you can hire a punt or rowing boat and enjoy its wonderful scenery – www.marais-potevin.com
- Puy du Fou – Historical Theme Park – www.puydufou.com
- Futuroscope – Multi Media Theme Park – www.futoroscope.com
- Bio Park – Zoo set in and around troglodyte caves – www.bioparc-zoo.fr
- Terra Botanica – Botanical Gardens – www.terrabotanica.com
- O’Gliss Park – Water Park with large selection of attractions, slides, pools etc. – www.oglissparc.fr
- Indian Forest – Largest Adventure Park in France – www.indian-forest-atlantique.com
- Parc des Vallees – Riverside Adventure Park – www.parcdevallee.fr